Job Vacancies Eagle House School (Mitcham) – Primary
Paediatric Occupational Therapist Band 5/6 (South London)
P/T or F/T, Term time only for 40 weeks per annum
Salary dependant on level and relevant experience.
Position to commence as soon as possible.
Eagle House School, Mitcham is a ‘good’ with outstanding features (Ofsted Nov 2014) broad spectrum special school for pupils aged from 4 to 12 years who have a diagnosis of autism or Asperger Syndrome. We have a warm, mutually supportive and caring ethos with an enthusiastic and skilled staff team that is highly aspirational and committed to pupil welfare, progress and enhanced life chances.
We are seeking a Band 5/6 Occupational Therapist (with at least 2 years post graduate experience or a Band 5 that has gained the required experience to progress to a Band 6) wishing to work in a school setting, to join our multi-disciplinary team comprising of speech and language therapy, occupational therapy, psychology, music and yoga therapy. The successful candidate will be required to work at our primary school in Mitcham, Surrey.
We are looking for an Occupational Therapist who:
- Is highly motivated, passionate, dynamic and flexible
- Has experience working with children and young people
- Has experience of Sensory Integration or a willingness to learn
- Has highly developed communication and interpersonal skills
- Has experience working collaboratively within multi-disciplinary teams
- Is seeking to further develop their skills and knowledge in working with young people with Autism
- Has knowledge of the National Curriculum and statutory requirement of IEPs
- Must have HPC Registration, be a member of BAOT, hold a Bachelors or Masters Degree in Occupational Therapy and have Paediatric experience.
- Gained previous relevant experience with autism and/or Asperger’s syndrome.
Main responsibilities will involve:
- Group and individual therapy and class based work
- Carrying out assessments where required
- Delivering in-service training where required
- Strong MDT approach
- Working with a creative, enthusiastic, supportive and caring team of staff
- Supportive in-house Curriculum Access Team
- Supervision can be provided
- Our private Health Care Plan
- Access to our nursery voucher scheme
- Company pension.
Eagle House Group is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of children and young people and expects all of its employees to share this commitment. This post is exempt under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced check by the Disclosure & Barring Service.
If you have high expectations of your pupils and want to work within a stimulating and motivating learning environment as part of a successful and supportive team, then please get in touch. For an informal discussion or to arrange a visit, please contact the school on 0208 687 7050 to speak to Geeta Makwana.
For an application pack, please contact the Human Resources Department on 020 8687 7050 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
CVs will not be accepted; only applications submitted on the Eagle House Group application form will be considered.
Closing date: 12 noon, Friday 7th April 2017
Interview date: TBC